Friday, March 8, 2013

A Big MAKEOVER...A big THANK YOU

Hi there friends.

I usually do not share much about the professional side of my life here. My job can be very stressful at times. But sometimes it can be very rewarding and full of happy moments.
As some of you already know I work as a social worker for the State of Oregon. I have done this job for over 20 years and, unfortunately I have to say we don't have many happy days nor have we been praised or recognized positively very often... I work with DHS with the Child Welfare agency.
Well, don't get me wrong... We have great days and days in which we feel like we have done great things.

But let me tell you that 2 weeks ago I felt so happy and like I haven't felt in a long time at work.

We had a WONDERFUL group of churches, community partners and volunteers who chose our branch to give a big makeover ... Yes, a makeover like they do on TV.

Some people might think a makeover is a superficial thing, but I have to say their work has done wonders to the worker's moral... to the families coming to visit their children... and most especially to the hundreds of foster parents and children coming to visit our office every day. It was not just a "material" makeover. We felt like we won the lottery. And not just in the material sense of the physical makeover... But also in how many great people we met and the impact this physical makeover will make on some of our families' lives.

Everyone coming to our office feels special and you can see in their eyes and their smiles that they feel important and that someone really cared about them.

I could go on for hours to tell you every detail, how much each person has done and how many hours they have dedicated to do this "makeover" but the biggest "makeover" will really happen in the hearts of each of the children coming to the office, each parent coming to spend time with their children and each foster parent who dedicates their lives to help the children.

Today I just want to express my most humble and heartfelt THANK YOU to each and every person who worked endless hours for the preparation and completion if this project.

We are so thankful and I want to just reinforce I have always believed in miracles and I am certain one has just happened to us ...

Take a look at the difference and how each room was completely redone...

This was our front room...



and that is how it looks now :)

  
These are the kids' and families visiting rooms. Each room has a special theme now :







and this was the observation room 

and that is how it looks now...


And last but not least... here is the staff lunch room before...


and now...

Just an amazing makeover ...

I have to say that what they did was just wonderful and we are so happy. It has been 2 weeks and I still go to the kitchen a couple of times a day just to check and make sure that it is well cared for ...

We are all enjoying it and most of all we are all feeling so special. 

And to show all of us that HE was in charge and that HE was guiding this project, God painted the perfect picture above them all as they were working hard doing what they do best...
helping others and living their lives just like wants them to.

THANK YOU !!!


.

Thank you so very much to the wonderful group of people who participated on this huge effort:
Marc and Susan Estes from City Bible Church
Jillana Goble 
Milan Homola from Compassion Connect
Portland Leadership 
Clear Creek Church
Grace Community Church
Glisan St. Baptist
Gresham Bible Church
Gresham First Baptist
Good Shepherd Community Church
Wood Village Baptist

and numerous business and volunteers who participated in this effort.
(I hope I didn't forget anybody's name...if I did it was not on purpose... I am thankful to you all from my heart)>

We are forever grateful and your effort will have an impact in the lives of so many people we cannot start to count.

May your blessings be too many to count.
...

Before I go just a little glance at a small little crafty thing I made to give to them as a small gesture of how thankful we are ...
Just a little thing to "mark" their lives as they "marked" ours :)




Thanks again, for coming to visit me today. I'm always so happy to hear your comments ... have a wonderful weekend. Loves :)

15 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful thing to do for all of you and the families who visit. The rooms are beautiful.

    It was great to see you today Taci. Maybe I'll see you next week too!

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do!! And with remarkable makeovers to each room! Loved this!
    Hope you girls had a fun lunch today. Oh how I wish I could have been there too!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have nominated you for the Leibster Award!! I am going to be posting on my blog tomorrow the badge and the questions, so you can stop by to pick that up!! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy,
      Thank you so very much for nominating me. I found your blog, but maybe not the one with the award. I have just been nominated 2 times last month for the same award. I really appreciate your kindness and feel honored.

      Delete
  4. Wow! How nice!!! Everything looks so inviting. I bet you can say... now .....that you are looking forward to going into work....just so you can be around all that newness!
    Hope you girls had a wonderful lunch, can't wait to here all about it!
    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taci, what a wonderful makeover. Boosting morale in the workplace is a wonderful thing. And now the kids and families who have to be there have a lovely space in which to feel safe and cared for. Absolutely fantastic. And thank you for doing such important work. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taci, I am sure you are such a blessing to that office of yours. As I work with medical foster children in their homes, I see a whole different side of things. I am blessed that the home these children have are so special, where love abounds. I I am sure the make over was just the thing you all needed as you me the challenges of your day.
    Sending you a hug, you are so special.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Taci, it was neat to see where you work and what a great job they did on the makeover! It was great to see you for lunch and have it on my calendar to attend your knitting group at your house next Friday! Fun! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonder Full !!! I am so pleased for all who gave and for all who will benefit from the makeover! And I love what you made to celebrate the occasion, Taci. The markers are clever, pretty, and practical.
    Thanks for posting! I look forward to our next get together :-) xx, Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! What an amazing bunch of people to give up their time to give your office such a fabulous makeover.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taci, thank you so much for the beautiful write up. We had such a wonderful time, both doing the makeover and having the pleasure of meeting so many wonderful people such as yourself. I am so glad to hear how much you are all enjoying it. I pray for each of the children and the families will be blessed as they enjoy the new surroundings. And I pray for you and the others in the office as you make a difference in the lives of these children.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful make over thank you for sharing and for doing such a good job :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)