Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Few New Projects to take on vacation

Hi There my friends...
I'm so excited to tell you today...

We are getting ready to go on a little vacation...and Yes Honey, I'm ready ...I have packed :)...see??? ah! ah! ah! :)




:) :) :)


I'm so happy to finally have some time to relax and enjoy time with my family... and it would not be a vacation to me without a few knitting and crochet projects.

But I haven't told you where we are going yet...

Yes... We're going to Hawaii... :) :) :) where the sun shines :) :) :) One of my favorite places after my beloved, all time favorite Brazil.


Since we leave on Sunday I'm preparing myself ...
I got this yarn for my birthday from my very dear friend Shan...




 it's ms. gusset fingering weight 4 ply. You can probably see it at 
My friend gave me a GC for a great shop, AFW- Andersen Fiber Works, which I have mentioned here before. Jen has wonderful hand died wool which she dyes herself and a few other yarns. She is featured on www.knitpicks.com.  
This one is just divine... it's a 50% silk and 50% wool.
Just sooo great to work with.
I'm going to make a shawl ... I found this great pattern Golden Shawlette, by Mindy Wilkes on www.ravelry.com
It's soooo pretty and I'll share with you as soon as I come back and have it finished.


I'm also going to take this yellow malabrigo that my friend Natalie gave me for my birthday (Goodness my friends know me so well... they know what makes me happy :)
With this one I have started a beautiful crochet shawl I saw at www.cozymadethings.blogspot.com
Kristen made this wonderful shawl I fell in love with it...go check it out ...
When she first put the link on her site I got to a different link and this is the pattern I found...
I really like hers, but I didn't have enough yarn so I decided to stick to this one ...
I can't wait to see how is going to turn out...



Because I think I'll have lots of time in the plane and to relax in the sun I found this other yarn at another great store near my house, Make One, and this great pattern on Ravelry - Cosette by Alana Dakos, from www.nevernotknitting.com



And last but not least ...Just the yarn and no plans...lets see what ends up being ... 



I hope I didn't overwhelmed you with soooo many different projects...But that gives you an idea of how crazy I'm ... I always have a few projects on my needles and then I'm HAPPY...
and even happier if I'm taking them all with me on a VACATION.

Thanks for stopping by ...
Hope you come to visit me again...I'm always sooo happy to hear from you:) Tchau!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip...take lots of pictures...would love to see..and make a little time for crochet!
    xoxoxo
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of projects! Can't wait to see them done. Hope you have a lovely vacation. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gooooorgeous!!! Now I want to make the one you're making. :) Enjoy your incredible vacation--hope you have lots of time for yarny endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello...Shari again...I have left a little something for you on my blog...go check it out when you have time!
    Shari :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)